Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Why are the Halo Reach Elites so annoying?

OP Geth Pathfinder

Honestly, I have hated the appearance of Elites ever since Reach. Everyone says that 343i ruined the Elites but Reach ruined them for me. Halo CE-Halo 3 Elites looked cool. Why would Bungie change the size and gameplay of Elites vs Spartans.

As as for the campaign, why are Elites so tough. Halo Reach on Legendary is the hardest for me because of those Elites that can survive plasma grenades. Then they stick their foot out in 0.1 seconds, and your dead.

I enjoy Halo Reach, I just hated how everything on Legendary is ridiculously tough. The Elites were the best in Halo 2 and 3. They looked the best and fit into multiplayer, without having to worry about different abilities.
Honestly, I have hated the appearance of Elites ever since Reach. Everyone says that 343i ruined the Elites but Reach ruined them for me. Halo CE-Halo 3 Elites looked cool. Why would Bungie change the size and gameplay of Elites vs Spartans.

As as for the campaign, why are Elites so tough. Halo Reach on Legendary is the hardest for me because of those Elites that can survive plasma grenades. Then they stick their foot out in 0.1 seconds, and your dead.

I enjoy Halo Reach, I just hated how everything on Legendary is ridiculously tough. The Elites were the best in Halo 2 and 3. They looked the best and fit into multiplayer, without having to worry about different abilities.
It always seemed a bit odd to me that Bungie all of a sudden decided to show "realistic" sizes of Elites vs Spartans in Reach when they didn't in previous games, but that was honestly fine by me.

Pretty sure Elites (especially Ultras and up) can survive sticks on Legendary in previous Halo titles, but I'd have to play one again to make sure.
You're so annoying! *Cough, Cough* I-I mean, continue,
Halo Reach elites weren't the best in the series of course.

Spoiler:
Show
Seriously though, It's just my view, but I've always thought Reach the better of the Elites for me, they were so tall, dominant, and amazing!
It's a funny analogy, but I think Reach Elites are like a middle ground between the tall-incompetent brutes of the Halo 4-5 games, and the hunched over sophisticate lizards of the Halo 1-3 games.
I guess once I played Halo Reach, the tallness of being an Elite stuck with me, and was just a beautiful thing that came with a multiplayer Invasion phenomenon, and was just amazing, considering how much effort they put into the assassinations, the look, the modes, the portrayal, the AI.
It really made for a devastatingly fun cosmetic item, that served a purpose of diversifying gamemodes!

Tell me though, would you choose Halo 4-5's elites over Reach or vice versa,
if you had to choose either of those, and leave out 3's Elites.
Which would you choose?
If you actually compare the armor that the Elite Minors and the Elite Majors are wearing, (Blue & Red Elites), they're just visually updated versions of the CE Elite armors. Reach Elites are made to simulate Halo CE Elites, which moved around quite a bit during combat, but also make them more agile than they were before.

Although, their legs do look a little more like wishbones in Reach. That's the area of their appearance where they start to look a little stranger.
The main thing that annoyed me most about the elites...was the fact that their melee attack only took 6 frames to pull off. Meaning on Legendary they can one shot you before you are even thinking of getting ready.

Spoiler:
Show
Seriously though, It's just my view, but I've always thought Reach the better of the Elites for me, they were so tall, dominant, and amazing!
It's a funny analogy, but I think Reach Elites are like a middle ground between the tall-incompetent brutes of the Halo 4-5 games, and the hunched over sophisticate lizards of the Halo 1-3 games.
I guess once I played Halo Reach, the tallness of being an Elite stuck with me, and was just a beautiful thing that came with a multiplayer Invasion phenomenon, and was just amazing, considering how much effort they put into the assassinations, the look, the modes, the portrayal, the AI.
It really made for a devastatingly fun cosmetic item, that served a purpose of diversifying gamemodes!

Which would you choose?
Well this question has two answers for me.

For the campaign gameplay : I would much rather have Halo 4 and 5 Elites. Halo Reach Elites are unrealistically tough. I think in one of the books, it says that humans were winning the ground battles and the Covenant were winning in space. How could marines possibly have a chance against Elites that can survive grenades sticks and Spartan Lazers?

For multiplayer and cosmetic: Halo Reach Elites for sure. I know Halo 4 and 5 don’t have playable Elites but if they did, I would still say Reach. The Elites look so much nicer and aren’t all pale and scraggly looking like in Halo 4. I like every aspect of Halo 4 EXCEPT the look of Grunts and Elites.

I should have mentioned that I don’t mind the look of the actual Elites in Reach, just their armour. Halo 1-3 Elites have cool pointed armour. Halo Reach Elites all have huge ugly head dresses and round helmets. There are some exceptions; for example: Ranger armour looks good in Reach. Halo 3 had some ugly armour too. I hated most of the non default Elite armour. Reach Elite armour just became unnecessarily extravagant instead of practical. Look at Zealot or General armour.

Spoiler:
Show

Which would you choose?

For the campaign gameplay : I would much rather have Halo 4 and 5 Elites. Halo Reach Elites are unrealistically tough. I think in one of the books, it says that humans were winning the ground battles and the Covenant were winning in space. How could marines possibly have a chance against Elites that can survive grenades sticks and Spartan Lazers?

For multiplayer and cosmetic: Halo Reach Elites for sure. I know Halo 4 and 5 don’t have playable Elites but if they did, I would still say Reach. The Elites look so much nicer and aren’t all pale and scraggly looking like in Halo 4. I like every aspect of Halo 4 EXCEPT the look of Grunts and Elites.

I should have mentioned. I don’t mind the look of the actual Elites in Reach, just their armour. Halo 1-3 Elites have cool pointed armour. Halo Reach Elites all have huge ugly head dresses and round helmets. There are some exceptions; for example: Ranger armour looks good in Reach. Halo 3 had some ugly armour too. I hated most of the non default Elite armour. Reach Elite armour just became unnecessarily extravagant instead of practical. Look at Zealot or General armour.
Would you choose the 3 elites over Reach Elites in an instant? Or is it the armour you have a problem with, cause I can understand that!

Everything outside of default in Halo 3 made me feel weird because I couldn't see my own mandibles, and Ultra and General fulfilled that gap for me.
I also personally don't care about practicality because of the fact that we're dealing with Aliens, however I've also contradicted myself saying that recent elites don't "Feel like Halo", so honestly I don't belong in this conversation.
I was just wondering cause I thought it was a global agreement that Halo Reach Elites were the best, and I wanted to know what your thoughts were on the subject, you know?

I personally, don't really care about the difficulty of the campaign, so I'll let you have that one, I'm mostly just talking about the design, and the love for Playable elites, you know? haha!
That's also why I asked, if, in the future, we could get playable elites.

Would you choose the Reach, or 3 way of doing it?
Off topic, I know, but it's a question on the elites!

Spoiler:
Show

Which would you choose?

I should have mentioned. I don’t mind the look of the actual Elites in Reach, just their armour. Halo 1-3 Elites have cool pointed armour. Halo Reach Elites all have huge ugly head dresses and round helmets. There are some exceptions; for example: Ranger armour looks good in Reach. Halo 3 had some ugly armour too. I hated most of the non default Elite armour. Reach Elite armour just became unnecessarily extravagant instead of practical. Look at Zealot or General armour.
Would you choose the 3 elites over Reach Elites in an instant? Or is it the armour you have a problem with, cause I can understand that!

Everything outside of default in Halo 3 made me feel weird because I couldn't see my own mandibles, and Ultra and General fulfilled that gap for me.
I also personally don't care about practicality because of the fact that we're dealing with Aliens, however I've also contradicted myself saying that recent elites don't "Feel like Halo", so honestly I don't belong in this conversation.
I was just wondering cause I thought it was a global agreement that Halo Reach Elites were the best, and I wanted to know what your thoughts were on the subject, you know?

I personally, don't really care about the difficulty of the campaign, so I'll let you have that one, I'm mostly just talking about the design, and the love for Playable elites, you know? haha!

I would choose Halo 3 Elites. They’re the same size as Spartans, allowing Elites and Spartans in any game mode. Whenever I play Reach everyone is a Spartan unless it is Elite Slayer. I don’t get a choice like in Halo 2 and 3. I also hate how Elites get Evade but not Spartans. Evade is the strangest AA. It’s just a roll. How is it an advanced ability “critical” to operation of Elite armour? I would be fine with playable Elites returning in Halo 6. I want the choice of being an Elite not a specific game mode for them. I have never played Invasion in Halo Reach, but I have only been playing online for a little over a year.
I really enjoyed playing as elites, I beat the campaign on heroic with my brother. Thats the closest ive gone to legendary elites. But now I try to beat all halos on legendary.
Ya, I'm not a big fan of the elite design in Reach either.

Spoiler:
Show

Which would you choose?

I would choose Halo 3 Elites. They’re the same size as Spartans, allowing Elites and Spartans in any game mode. Whenever I play Reach everyone is a Spartan unless it is Elite Slayer. I don’t get a choice like in Halo 2 and 3. I also hate how Elites get Evade but not Spartans. Evade is the strangest AA. It’s just a roll. How is it an advanced ability “critical” to operation of Elite armour? I would be fine with playable Elites returning in Halo 6. I want the choice of being an Elite not a specific game mode for them. I have never played Invasion in Halo Reach, but I have only been playing online for a little over a year.
Try it sometime! I don't know if the size makes a difference, but it sure does for me!
I'd be kind've disappointed if I had to be as tall as my buddies when we play Invas-I-I mean Slayer, haha!
I'm just pullin your leg, don't worry!
There was nothing about the Elite's abilities in Halo Reach that interested me, I don't care about abilities in general.
The assassination change, the armour, the clear height disadvantage did though. I don't care if I'm a bigger target, it's fun being tall, you know?

That's just me though.

They decided to make them tall due to the new engine they specifically created for Halo Reach. It was awesome that they put a more realistic approach on Halo Reach given the outdated game engine Halo 2 & 3 ran on. This gave the game a more serious tone, especially for Invasion. I honestly think Reach Elites look the best in the franchise imo.
Reach Elites are no joke in Legendary
Reach Elites Minors were fine.... Until you got the more higher ranked elites. I remember the days during CE when most the elites were just blue and there were only a handful with Energy Swords. Appearance wise, I think the elites from reach fit the covenant vibe perfectly and expanded upon it from the older games in a good way.
Reach Elites are no joke in Legendary
Please don't revive old topics thanks
香蕉视频观看无限制版-香蕉视频无限次观看-香蕉app免费下载