Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Why the DMR hate?

OP KeemsHat

Seeing a bunch of posts saying that the DMR needs to be removed. A lot of these posts are also from new Halo players. It frustrates me because they don’t understand that Halo is not an easy game where you can just go in and become Rambo, like CoD. Halo is hard, and I feel as if this new, younger generation doesn’t understand that. This game is from a different time I guess.
Yeah I have been seeing those lately not sure why. The DMR is a great weapon.
KeemsHat wrote:
Halo is not an easy game where you can just go in and become Rambo, like CoD. Halo is hard, and I feel as if this new, younger generation doesn’t understand that. This game is from a different time I guess.
If I remember correctly that was the same kind of discussion around the description of Gears of War when it launched. Reviewers would cite Gears' emphasis on cover and not charging in "Rambo" style like Master Chief. Anyway.... back on topic. Yes the DMR is a great weapon. Cheers :)
A lot of hardcore players dislike the DMR too. The issue the DMR brings is that its more accurate that the BR, easier to use than the BR, and has better range. In Halo Reach, it becoming the starter weapon to replace the BR meant that at any range, you were always at risk of getting efficiently shot up, and a lot of weapon pick ups became pointless.

I'm a big advocate of Halo 5 making the Pistol the starting weapon because it gives so many more weapons time to shine. But the DMR is so good that basically every non-power weapon outside of maybe the Needle Rifle becomes genuinely worthless, because the DMR is too effective at all ranges.

I still love Reach just as much as the day I first played the beta, but the DMR wasn't a good idea to replace the BR imo. I'm sure they did it because burst guns are hard to design with Bloom as a mechanic, but Bloom is also a super contentious topic with fans both new and old, so its hard to say if it their design was a good idea in the first place
I dunno I like the DMR, I don’t see what people’s issues with it are... maybe because it has a bit of luck too it as well?
I don’t even enjoy playing reach now. Dmr makes a lot of the other weapons useless and even vehicles less useful. The dmr is just too powerful at long range and big team battles are less chaotic and interesting now. I miss close encounters and the variety in play style that reach multiplayer used to have. Now it feel like there is only one way to play the game. It is just a lot more monotonous when everyone spawns with the dmr which also means that there is an infinite supply of ammo for it. I miss the chaos.
Also, The dmr was much more precious when you could only find it on the map.

At least we should not be forced to play with dmr start on all game modes. It is better left as an option. I enjoy swat sometimes. I don’t hate the dmr It has just changed the game too much in my opinion.
I don’t even enjoy playing reach now. Dmr makes a lot of the other weapons useless and even vehicles less useful. The dmr is just too powerful at long range and big team battles are less chaotic and interesting now. I miss close encounters and the variety in play style that reach multiplayer used to have. Now it feel like there is only one way to play the game. It is just a lot more monotonous when everyone spawns with the dmr which also means that there is an infinite supply of ammo for it. I miss the chaos.
Also, The dmr was much more precious when you could only find it on the map.

At least we should not be forced to play with dmr start on all game modes. It is better left as an option. I enjoy swat sometimes. I don’t hate the dmr It has just changed the game too much in my opinion.
Actually that is a good point, I mean the dmr is nice but at the same time your never going to kill someone with an assault rifle if they have the dmr, and since everyone spawns in with the dmr they already have a good weapon and don’t really need to find one.. it did the same thing to magnums, they were good but the dmr is just better.
Bad players are mad because they're bad players. Nothing more.
The DMR is a key component of the Halo: Reach sandbox, why would anyone ask for it to be removed entirely? Also haven't seen any direct evidence of people asking for it to be removed, per say. Though I have seen a lot of requests for non DMR start, which I am not sure I agree with.
I love the DMR, honestly I kind of felt Halo was lacking a semi-automatic rifle for UNSC before the DMR was introduced.
I personally dunno why there is hate for the DMR. The way I see it is that either you hit with your single bullet per shot or you don't, so you know where the error is, not like with the Battle Rifle with the Burst shot where sometimes some of the bullets spread, causing the fault to be the weapon not the user. It's the reason why I have stayed away from the Battle Rifle in Halo titles and would use a magnum, DMR, Needle Rifle, or Carbine in place of it depending on which Halo Title you are talking about. Made my co-op run throughs of the Halo Campaigns more enjoyable with friends too as any Battle Rifles in any Halo Titles that had them I gladly let my partners take and they gladly allowed me to have the Carbines we came across.
A lot of hardcore players dislike the DMR too. The issue the DMR brings is that its more accurate that the BR, easier to use than the BR, and has better range. In Halo Reach, it becoming the starter weapon to replace the BR meant that at any range, you were always at risk of getting efficiently shot up, and a lot of weapon pick ups became pointless.

I'm a big advocate of Halo 5 making the Pistol the starting weapon because it gives so many more weapons time to shine. But the DMR is so good that basically every non-power weapon outside of maybe the Needle Rifle becomes genuinely worthless, because the DMR is too effective at all ranges.

I still love Reach just as much as the day I first played the beta, but the DMR wasn't a good idea to replace the BR imo. I'm sure they did it because burst guns are hard to design with Bloom as a mechanic, but Bloom is also a super contentious topic with fans both new and old, so its hard to say if it their design was a good idea in the first place
I agree. Too many people think that it is too OP, and l for one think that too. The DMR should never have replaced the BR due to issues with bloom, and the range on it is killer (as in deadly). It's pretty much a compact sniper rifle with the bloom set to maximum.
Imo I think the DMR could use some touching up in the future, especially with Infinite right around the corner. The bloom needs to be touched up a lot, and the range needs to be dialed down. Or, if 343 really wants to, they can keep the range but tune down the accuracy over long distances to compensate and make everyone happy. I love to Reach either way, and any other game with the DMR, and won't give it any hate. I try to put in as many as my loadouts as possible, since it is a good weapon to have but could use some work. The only thing that I can see wrong with it is the range.
DMR starts mean you never pick up another weapon unless it's the sniper rifle, or the rocket launcher or sword/shotgun if you wanna corner camp on a small map. There's not any fighting over power weapon spawns because you already start with the best power weapon. It's anti infantry, anti tank, anti air, easy to use, and there's an endless amount of ammo for it because everyone has a DMR as well.

It makes BTB just everyone camping on their side of the map, especially since most maps are mirrored and don't even have useful power weapons in the center to fight over. Most CTF matches or KotH matches are just DMR fests where anyone who dares play the objective goes -14 kdr because you get chewed up with bleedthrough in half a second. This honestly has a lot to do with the maps themselves just being sub par and wide open with very little to actually break line of sight. It was an issue before TU, and it was even more egregious after the TU. I remember back on the 360 when eventually, TU maps just never got picked because everyone hated DMR fests, even if people had to veto the maps 2 or 3 times in a row to get a non-TU playlist.

The DMR is just a power weapon one step down from the Sniper Rifle. It would be THE weapon everyone would fight for the spawn over without DMR starts, because the weapon is just far too good. Especially with the TU turning it from a 6 hit kill to a 5 hit kill weapon, making it better than the AR at close range.
As a side note, I think that a lot of the issues simply stem from Bungie decisions as a whole, with the base game being fairly broken. After the beta when the Plasma Launcher and Focus Rifle were actually
Spoiler:
Show
good they got hard nerfed, plasma repeater is just a worse AR, the Sword is the Sword and has always been a free kills or literally useless weapon, the AR isn't terrible but it's not as good as the DMR, shotgun is a better version of the sword that still can't kill except at point blank, pistol is a DMR with less capacity and accuracy at a baseline, rocket launcher is slow as molasses, Spiker is just a plasma pistol that fires faster, what you end up with here is a lot of weapons that just aren't very good. There's no reason to use them unless you have to, so if you don't have to, you don't. I'll show exactly what I mean with a weapon tier list, and why DMR ends up being pretty ridiculous as a starting weapon.

The weapons you would want are, in order of general importance and in my opinion, power rating:
1. Sniper Rifle
2. Rocket Launcher
3. DMR
4. Needle Rifle/Magnum
5. Grenade Launcher/Concussion Rifle/Spartan Laser
6. Needler/Plasma Rifle
7. Gravity Hammer > Shotgun > Sword (tier 1 if you're corner camping and someone doesn't know you're there AND doesn't also have one of these
8. Assault Rifle = Spiker
9. Plasma Pistol (move up to tier 4 if you have a headshot weapon you can swap to or are just noob comboing or trying to punch someone)
10. Focus Rifle
11. Plasma Launcher
12. Plasma Repeater

Now I'll do the same list rated for anti tank purposes.

1. Spartan Laser
2. Rocket Launcher/Sniper Rifle (Sniper is here just because of its range, Sniper Rifle is very cost inefficient at being anti tank however)
3. Grenade Launcher (spamming EMPs)
3. Focus Rifle
4. DMR = Magnum (same damage, both kill a Warthog or Banshee in about 60 rounds)
5. Plasma Pistol
6. Grenade Launcher (actual damage)
7. Concussion Rifle
8. Plasma Launcher
9. Gravity Hammer if you can actually get that close, but at that point you can just board them anyways
10. Rest

That is why people don't like DMR starts. Especially in Big Team Battle, where 4 people focusing a Warthog or Banshee more or less kill it in 7 seconds, from across the map.
Because its not their precious br and their holy halo 3. Everything needs to be halo 3 else its bad.
Because its not their precious br and their holy halo 3. Everything needs to be halo 3 else its bad.
Strawman much? My friends and I have quit playing Reach multiplayer and just play campaign coop because of the DMRs. Every match is a constant snipe fest and we're not having fun no matter the playlist. We played for hours and only had one match with AR/pistol starts, and that was the match we had the most fun in.

We've always enjoyed H1 PC so we're just waiting for it come on steam at this point, and we'll jump ship.
Strawman much? My friends and I have quit playing Reach multiplayer and just play campaign coop because of the DMRs. Every match is a constant snipe fest and we're not having fun no matter the playlist. We played for hours and only had one match with AR/pistol starts, and that was the match we had the most fun in.

We've always enjoyed H1 PC so we're just waiting for it come on steam at this point, and we'll jump ship.
Well all matches are snipe fests now thanks to tu settings. You can just kill someone across the entire map on spire without a problem. And yes ar/pistol was always better for reach. I never enjoyed ce though. 2 was always the most fun to me. I dont play on pc so it may be alot different than on xbox.
I'm personally okay with the DMR but I'm starting to think 343 needs to address it either with a nerf or a no-DMR playlist, if only to show the large amount of complaining people that they're listening. A good faith effort to do that would probably help the playerbase.
香蕉视频观看无限制版-香蕉视频无限次观看-香蕉app免费下载